College Football Sports
2013 College Football Top 25 Coaches Poll Released: Analysis
Via Sports Illustrated here is the Coaches Poll:
1. Alabama (58)
2. Ohio State (3)
6. Texas A&M (1)
7. South Carolina
11. Notre Dame
12. Florida State
14. Oklahoma State
19. Boise State
25. Oregon State
Overall, I am pretty impressed with the coaches poll. I think they actually did a great job deciding what the top 25 should look like. I do have some opinions on some overrated/underrated teams:
- Alabama – Deserves to be the #1 team in the country no questions asked. Until they lose this is where they belong.
- Oregon #3 vs. Stanford #4 – The reason why I believe Stanford should be ahead of Oregon is purely with staffing issues. Stanford has built an excellent program surrounded with disciplined football players. This is not to say Oregon hasn’t, but when any team loses there Head Coach, usually they take a step back.
- Texas A&M – Last year, Texas A&M did not have a target on their back. This year will be much different for Texas A&M with a target on Manziel’s back and higher expectations. These are major issues that Texas A&M did not have to worry about last year and will eventually result in 4 loses on the season.
- Oklahoma St. #14 vs. Texas #15 vs. Oklahoma #16 – Oklahoma St. does have a lot of talent coming back, are ranked properly, but I do not think they will the Big 12. Texas is my pick this year for Big 12 and actually are underrated (for once) at #15. Oklahoma at #16 is a team that is definitely overrated. I think they take the furthest step back and would barely make my top 25 at this point.
- Conference to Conference – I actually agree from top to bottom (other than Big 12) with this top 25 list.
I look forward to the Preseason AP Poll next. This looks to be a promising year for College Football and I can not wait til Kickoff!